Saturday, February 18, 2017

Love in your heart isn’t put there to stay. Love isn’t love till you give it away. – Oscar Hammerstein II


It's been a week of hearts, love, and friendship....the perfect conclusion is to present true poems from the heart of two of my students.

Ben celebrates the presence of love/friendship in his life in "City Lights"

"City Lights"

Sitting on top of the city
With the girl of my dreams
The city lights are gleaming brightly
Just like her eyes

She's just as pretty
As the night sky above
I get lost in her eyes
Like I get lost in the stars

The beautiful view of the city life below
Sitting next to the most perfect girl ever
Makes a picture perfect spot
For a picture perfect shot

                                            
                   By Ben Villareal


Sometimes love is just beyond our grasp as Christian expresses in " Love is A Fleeting Dream"

Christian Nguyen. 


Love is a Fleeting Dream 

I have looked at you a thousand times

with the same foolish look.

It seems as though from my heart there is something that you took.

Why did you mesmerize my mind,

tantalizing throughly to the extent of tears?

You gave me Hope of placating my serious infatuation,

but like a beautiful marble statue, turn me away.

Yet I press on, yearning for any chance of interaction.

Your smile hammers at my heart.

Years have passed, I still feel the unattainable desire.

You entice me in my loneliness.

I suffer, waiting for my unrequited love

to be purged from fountain of reason.

Your hair, an ocean of gold,

laughs at my poverty in appearance.

Reality, my cold master, seems to hound me,

turning me back to my monotonous toil.

I lose Hope of ever conquering your passion.

Yet, you ceaselessly pervade my mind.

With your scarlet red lips and charming laugh,

I would find my life worth living.

You are a fleeting dream, lost in the abyss of time.

How can I Hope to love one with a heart of ice.

If only the fleeting dream would pass,

I would wake anew.

Should I give up my love?

Your deep blue eyes have lost their luster.

Should I turn to you again?

You leave me in perpetual despair.

Should I leave my love?

You don't even know I exist.

My love for you may only be a fleeting dream.

I'm sure that ALL readers, younger or older, teenager or beyond, can relate to these sentiments..maybe try penning one yourself.


COMING UP....LET'S SEE WHAT THE BIG APPLE HAS TO OFFER!






No comments:

Post a Comment